FUNDAEXPRESIÓN is a Colombian non-profit organisation founded in 1999 to promote participatory educational and investigation work within local communities. Its aims are to empower marginalised groups of society towards achieving improved living conditions, social organisation and conservation of their environmental and cultural heritage. FUNDAEXPRESIÓN has been recognised at regional and national level for its innovative work with peasant farmers, indigenous communities, micro-enterprises, school teachers, youth and women groups.
Areas of Work
FUNDAEXPRESIÓN has acquired technical capacity and shown pedagogic innovation through its work in close collaboration with local communities. This has been possible through means of exchange, solidarity and mutual collaboration. We have also received direct support from institutions such as regional universities, environmental organisations, governmental programmes and international NGOs.
The principal areas of research and community work include:
- AGROECOLOGY AND FOOD SOVEREIGNTY
- ANDEAN FOREST CONSERVATION
- COMMUNITY WATER MANAGEMENT
- IMPROVED OPPORTUNITIES FOR WOMEN
- YOUTH EDUCATION AND CULTURAL IDENTITY
- SOCIALLY JUST AND ECOLOGICAL MARKETING
- COMMUNITY MEDIA RESOURCES
- CIVIL SOCIETY PARTICIPATION IN PUBLIC POLICIES